Saturday, July 3, 2010

PAIN/SUFFERING






Every person sooner or later in the course of a lifetime will go through deep stinging pain and suffering. It can come at any point in ones life. When we go through these painful times they seem to be branded into our mind. There is something about going through those difficult times that always stay in our mind, they never go away. Losing someone in life is the hardest, deepest time of suffering that i think a person can go thru.
If we try to save our physical life from death, pain,or
discomfort, we may risk losing our true eternal life.If we protect ourselves from pain, we begin to die spiritually and emotionally.
Our lives turn inward, and we lose our intended purpose. When we give our lives in service to Christ, however, we discover the real purpose of living. My mother went into the hospital when i was 2 years old, even though i don't remember this, the pain started for me at a very young age. When i was 9 years old my mother passed away. I remember this event and the days to follow like it was yesterday. I had a tremendous amount of pain, suffering and loss and didn't know how to handle it. My aunts and grandmothers took me to church each and every Sunday, still i was lost. I had a great void in my life. When i was 18 years old my father passed away. Needless to say the part of my life that wasn't already crumbled quickly did so. Going from bad to worse is putting it mildly. I always had God in my heart, the problem is i wasn't listening to the things that were being told to me. People tend to find ways to deal with there pain and suffering that almost always make things much worse.
Sudden storms can appear over the surrounding mountains of our lives with little or no warning, stirring the waters into massive waves. When we truly understand who God is, however, we realize that he controls both the storms of nature and the storms of the troubled heart. We should never discount his power even in troubled times. He is always there waiting on us. he never gets weary. He knows more about pain and suffering than any of us.



Lord we know that you are always there in our pain and suffering, and sometimes we try to deal with it on our own. Help us not to continue to make that mistake.




image reference; avani-mehta.com






G.Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment