Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Journey


A writing that is off of the regular beaten path……………

Each and every day we all take some sort of journey. Where do we all go? We are all on the move, in a hurry and getting in each others way. Some people go all out, sparing no expense on far away vacations, traveling the world. Me, my idea of a vacation is not getting over three hours from home. That way if I don’t like where I’m at I can get home fairy quickly. The journey I’m talking about is very different. It is the shortest and hardest journey we all take each day.
God has saved my life three times that I know of. Once when I was around eight or nine years old. Once when I was in my late teens and once when I was in my thirties. God plans for everything. My mother went in the hospital when I was two years old and she passed away when I was nine years old. My dad passed away when I was 19 years old. So, God had a journey for me. But as he always does, he plans for everything. He sent me my soul mate whom I met when she was thirteen years old and I was nineteen years old and we married when she was 18 and I was 21. She’s still by my side and will be until the end. What God puts together, no one can take apart. He knew that on the long hard journey I was going to encounter, I would need a strong soul mate to stand by me with all of the things that the long twisted journey would take. Without her I would have never made it very far down the road of life. I won’t go into all of that right now, maybe in another writing.
We all go through things in life and we all go down a rocky twisted road. God will get us through it if we let him and ask him. What is the busiest most traveled road you have ever been on in your life? Well, I don’t know your answer, but you are wrong!!! We all share this road and we all have the same problems making the short trip. It can be very difficult at times, maneuvering through all of the road blocks that are on this well traveled road. This road can be filled with happiness, pain, envy, greed. Any emotion you can imagine is parked on the feeder road. The Journey I am talking about is only 18 inches long and we all make the trip thousands of times everyday. The Journey from the Mind to the Heart is only 18 inches long, so what makes this short Journey so hard to take. We get all messed up along the way. Why is that? Our Heart wants to do one thing but our mind is telling us something else. Somehow we manage to meet somewhere in the middle and decide what path to take. Is it always the right path? No!! We are human and we make mistakes and we will continue to do so. Sometimes while traveling down this short road, our Faith gets tested until we are about ready to break. There are and will be times in all of our lives that will require us to have Deep Water Faith while standing in the shallow end of the pool. We have all been there, and we are still on this short 18 inch Journey.

It's only 18 inches from the mind to the heart.
So why do we struggle so much with the short Journey?

GZ

No comments:

Post a Comment